Courtesy Judi Cooper
2 lge onions
750g courgettes – chopped
2x400g cans consommé
2 tbsp dry sherry
1 bouquet garni
Salt & pepper
150ml double cream
Croutons – to garnish (optional)
1. Melt butter, add onions & cook gently for 5 minutes.
2. Stir in courgette and cook gently for a further 10 minutes.
3. Stir in consommé & sherry, bring to boil. Add bouquet garni & seasoning, cover & simmer for 30 minutes.
4. Remove bouquet garni & cool slightly, blend until smooth. Return to pan and heat thorough.
5. Stir in cream & serve garnished with croutons.