Courtesy Judi Cooper
1 lge onion – chopped
1 lge carrot – chopped
2 sticks celery – chopped
1-2 tsp Madras curry paste
6oz red lentils
1-1½ pts vegetable stock
¼pt semi-skimmed milk or coconut milk (optional)
Salt & pepper
1. Heat butter in large saucepan.
2. Add onion vegetables and the curry paste and cook for a further 3-4 minutes.
3. Add the remaining vegetables and cook for a further 2-3 minutes then add the lentils and cook for another minute.
4. Add the stock and cook until the vegetables & lentils are tender.
5. Leave to cool, then puree to required texture, add milk if using and season to taste.