Courtesy Jenny Lilliman
40g(1 1/2oz) butter or marg (I used butter)
1 medium onion, peeled and sliced
700g (1 1/2lb) parsnips, finely diced
5ml (1level tsp) curry powder
1/2 level tsp ground cumin
2 pints chicken stock
Salt & pepper
5 fl oz single cream/milk (optional)
Paprika to garnish (optional)
1. Melt butter, add onion and parsnip & fry for 3 mins.
2. Stir in curry powder &cumin & cook for 2 mins.
3. Add stock, season and bring to boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 45 mins.
(I pressure cook mine for 10 mins or so)
4. Allow to cool slightly, then blend until smooth.
5. Return puree to pan and adjust seasoning.
6. Add cream or milk and reheat but do not boil.
7. Serve sprinkled with paprika.